LED Street and Roadway Lighting
LED Street & Roadway Lighting technology reduces energy use 50%-60%. Today’s light-emitting diode (LED) is a two-lead semiconductor light source. The highly efficient, solid-state technology allows higher wattage high-pressure sodium (HPS) or other traditional street lighting fixtures to be replaced with lower wattage LED fixtures. Most LED street/roadway lighting and all the major brands used by PATH provide a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty. Additionally, LED streetlights reduce annual operational and maintenance expense whereas traditional lighting requires ongoing lamp and ballast maintenance. Along with reduced annual energy expenses and lowered maintenance costs, LED street lighting provides improved aesthetics and increased safety through consistent, clean light shaping.
Benefits of LED lighting:
- Provides uniform light distribution
- Easily adaptable for additional energy savings (dimming)
- Reduced ongoing maintenance cost
- Environmentally friendly (no toxic chemicals)
- Quick to turn on with no warm up time